Computers can become infected very quickly in today’s world from just normal use. From a security perspective, it is very important to have a range of protection to combat viruses, spyware and malware. The Security Check and Upgrade will help and reassure you that your computer is protected from the most common security threats.
When to use this service
You can take advantage of this service If you need to make sure that your computer is adequately protected from the most common security threats.
What we do
- We will verify the level of protection that currently exists on your computer
- From this, we will derive a list of appropriate measures needed to fill any gaps in the security checklist below
- We will install, configure or recommend the purchase of appropriate software/hardware to fill those gaps
- We will provide instructions on how to maintain the security of your computer going forward
- Anti-Rootkit Software
- Anti-Spyware Software
- Anti-Virus Software
- Browser Security Settings
- Email Security Settings
- Firewall Software
- Hard Drive Encryption
- Hard Drive Filing System
- Windows Hosts File Permissions
- Windows Service Pack
- Windows Update (and Patch Compliance)
- Windows User Account Passwords
- Windows User Account Permissions
- Wireless Network Security
We will implement as many good security practices and procedures as possible, but please note that increased security can sometimes mean less accessibility or convenience, e.g. having to logon by entering passwords on your computer. The balance between these two things is a choice you will need to make.