If there is something wrong with your computer and you’re not quite sure what it is, then the PC Troubleshooting service can help you diagnose, test and resolve the problem. PCs are complex and problems can be cause by either hardware or software, and hence troubleshooting can take time. This service will however help you get your machine back to working order.
When to use this service
You can use this service if there is something wrong with your machine but you’re unsure as to the cause.
What we do
- We will start the troubleshooting process by documenting the list of symptoms (including error messages, odd behaviour of any kind)
- We will look and research for the solution if one is not immediately apparent
- We will implement the recommended fix
- We will retest to see if the problem has been resolved
- If not, then we will try to find and use any alternative solutions available
- If there is a hardware problem which we think is causing the problem, we will endeavour to confirm this by testing with alternative components – this will usually need to be done at our premises
- We may need to replace certain components with equivalent new versions – if so, we will advise you of the cost and component to be purchased
- We may need to re-install the operating system to deal with any software issues. This will mean re-installing software for which we would need your original installation media or download files. We would recommend you keep an up to date backup of your data.
Troubleshooting can be a long and complex process. More than one hardware component may need to be replaced if a hardware problem is present. Software problems may need a Windows Re-install to resolve.