This service can help safeguard any precious or valuable data you own such as pictures, documents or music. Without having a backup, data can easily be lost through virus infection, hard disk failure and simple file corruption. Creating a backup copy is an essential activity to help keep your data safe.
When to use this service
You can use this service if you have any valuable data that you want to safeguard from loss, or restore from a previous backup.
What we do
- A member of Mughal Computer Services will liaise with you to identify the data you want to create a backup for.
- We will discuss the most appropriate backup medium with regards to the type and size of data requiring backup.
- A full backup of your data will be made to the chosen medium.
- We will create a backup routine through the use of appropriate software or utilities to enable you to make regular backups of your data to an appropriate medium (hard disk, memory stick, writeable CD’s or DVD’s).
- We can upon request restore any previously backed up data.
We can make backups to a variety of media which include:
- Writeable CD’s (CD-R, CD-RW)
- Writeable DVDs (DVD-R, DVD+R, DVD-RW, DVD+RW, DVD-RAM)
- Writeable Blu-ray Discs (BD-R, BD-RE)
- USB Memory Sticks
- External Hard Disks
If you have access to a service that provides backup to the cloud (i.e. online backup) then we can backup your data using that service. A few examples of popular cloud/online backup providers include: Dropbox, OneDrive, iCloud, Box.
CD or DVD media can be supplied for backup purposes at a cost of £1 per CD-R (700 MB), £3 per DVD (4.37 GB) and £5 per Blu-ray Disc (25 GB)