The CD to MP3 service can digitize your own personal recordings from audio CD into digital audio files that can be played back on your PC. This will allow you to enjoy listening to your audio in more places and without the original CD. Once digitized, you can share the recording with friends and family via any method available to you (email, CD, memory stick etc).
What are MP3 files?
When to use this service
This service is appropriate for you if you have audio CDs that contain material you own the copyright to and which you want converted into audio files for playback on a PC or other portable media player (such as an MP3 player).
What we do
- A member of Mughal Computer Services will liaise with you to identify the material you want converted.
- One selected recording will then be converted to an MP3 file at a quality setting and to a file size you prefer.
- We will playback the converted file using the software available on your machine to allow you to sample the audio quality.
- We will then convert all applicable recordings to MP3 format at your chosen quality level.
- If appropriate we will offer advice and assistance in demonstrating how to transfer and play the MP3 files on a device of your choice.
Any copies made of commercial CDs using this service MUST be for your PRIVATE use only.
Review government guidance and read the section on Personal copying for private use.